Friday, October 31, 2014

Forever 42

Part1: I thought that the Jackie Robinson movie was really well put together. I felt really strongly about this movie especially as a African-American. I will never get a hold of how cruel white people were to black ever, especially in sports. You'd think that as a man, if another man wants to do and is just as good as you at a sport you should accept them. A lasting impression would have to be all of the hate mail the team manager and Jackie received, also the guys who were willing to risk their careers because they didn't want to play with Jackie were ridiculous as well.

Part2: What I learned from Jackie would simply be that no matter how cruel people are to you do what you love and remain positive. I agree completely with Jackie because if you haven't made an impact on anyone in your life did you really live a good life. I feel it'd be ridiculous for someone to live and not try or want to make and impact on others.

Part3: I agree with Jackie's values but I do not think I could follow them completely. During this time, I do not believe that I could actually keep my composure, positivity, and determination. It truly takes a strong person to endure so much emotional abuse and me right now would not be able to do what Jackie did.

No comments:

Post a Comment