Thursday, November 20, 2014

Defiance

Part1: I really appreciate the movie Defiance so much. During the whole movie I really felt for the Jewish people. The most emotional part of the movie would have to be when the young girl was dying and the Grandfather was sobbing over her; that's when I actually made an emotional connection with the characters. An interesting character would be the youngest brother, that they found hidden in the home after all of his family had been killed. I felt that he as a Bielskis brother he would've have stepped up more; but then again he was still  a kid who had been traumatized with witnessing his family getting murdered. If this were to ever happen now I feel like people wouldn't know how to survive in the wilderness; especially the younger generations. Now days young people don't have many survival skills; and would soon lose faith and die off. 

Part2: I agree with Zus and Tuvia. What they said can go hand and hand because in a sense you don't have to be like "them" but again if killing "them" means they have a better chance of surviving then so be it. But in another sense as the movie went on by the end of the film both Zus and Tuvia had become savages like the German; killing them with no mercy. 
Yes, the Bielskis did survive because they responded evil to evil. Like I said before they had to become savages like the German to survive and they did. If they had tried to go about their situation the "peaceful" "jewish way" I'm positive they would have died not only from being killed but from starvation; they had to kill men to get food to keep their village alive. I don't believe they "became like them" I just think they did what was best to stay alive. 

Part3:Simon Trakinski's quote speaks that the only thing that will stop evil is to go against it with more fire and rage, that is also similar to what Obama was saying in his quote.  I think they both realize that violence is usually assigned to power and whoever has more power has more control, so men will fight for that control and in order to beat them, you must be stronger and take them down which is usually successful when using more violence.  
I do not think non-violence resistance could have stopped the holocaust.  I think Hitler was a very violent man who had one purpose and that was to "purify" Europe and maybe eventually the rest of the world.  I think that if there was anything such as peaceful protests, then more and more people would have been killed than had already been.  I think armed resistance is more appropriate than non-violent resistance when one side becomes violent and is threatening the lives of others, I believe they then have the right to stand up and defend themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment